Cross-border freight is a highly transactional business, especially in the less-than-truckload sector. Polaris Transportation devised a way to automate the customs process and free office workers from clerical work to focus on more productive and rewarding activities.
Polaris Transportation Group
Transforming customs paperwork processing with Intelligent Automation
A leader in transport and logistics for North America, Polaris is driving logistics innovation, powered by the WorkFusion® Intelligent Automation.
- Customs document processing for clearing freights to cross the U.S. and Canadian borders
- Reduce the touchpoints of handling paperwork
- 90% reduction in shipment errors
- 80% of customs paperwork processing now automated
- reduction in turnaround times
Automating complex customs administration in logistics
Polaris Transportation Group is a leader in transport and logistics for North America and the heart of many businesses’ supply chains. The company is well-known for its scheduled delivery service across the Canada/USA border. It is a finely tuned operation, with a strong emphasis on transit times, convenience, coverage, and pricing.
Intelligent Automation offered a new approach, enabling Polaris to rethink its core manual processes. Developed by NorthStar Digital Solutions, and powered by WorkFusion Intelligent Automation Cloud™, Polaris was able to automate their complex customs processes.
Download the report to learn:
- How Polaris Transportation Group applied Intelligent Automation to logistics
- How the company automated complex customs processes between customers, carriers, brokers, and border agencies
- How Northstar Digital Solutions was launched after a successful collaboration with WorkFusion and another partner to support the wider industry
Our turnaround time and error rates were significantly reduced to levels beyond our expectations. We can now run this operation 24/7 ... and we’re proud to state that we are now driving 80% of our customs paperwork processing through fully automated workflow.
Dave Brajkovich, CTO, Polaris Transportation Group and NorthStar Digital Solutions